For those who delight in history, heritage abounds in the Upper Hunter. Discover the histories of the early settlers, the roaming bushrangers as well as the aboriginal tribes that wandered this lush countryside long before the arrival of white men.
- Museums, old world charm and 19th century heritage sites tell the story of early life in Upper Hunter Country
- Spend the night in a 19th Century homestead such a Belltrees, Kerrabee and Segenhoe Inn
- Pay respect to the 12th Light Horse Regiment in Murrurundi
- View old relics of yesteryear in the Historical Museums of Merriwa, Muswellbrook and Scone
- Track the exploits of our own Australian Stock Horse in the memorabilia section of the Australian Stock Horse Society Head Office in Scone
- Following the town walks will reveal many of the historic buildings dating back to the 1850's onwards that were built as the towns grew and and prospered. The whole village of Cassilis is heritage listed.